Dorison, C.A., Wang, K., Rees, V.W., Kawachi, I., Ericson, K.M.M., & Lerner, J.S. (2019). Sadness, but not all negative emotions, heightens addictive substance use. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Supplemental Materials.
12-item version of the Fear Survey Schedule-II are items 37-48 in this document. Used in Lerner, J.S., & Keltner, D. (2001). Fear, anger, and risk. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 81(1), 146-159.
The Lerner and Keltner Trait Anger Scale as found in Lerner, J. S., & Keltner, D. (2000). Beyond valence: Toward a model of emotion-specific influences on judgment and choice. Cognition and Emotion, 14, 473-493.
Watch Dr. Lerner describe a choice architecture exercise that she developed with some of her research team (Charlie Dorison, Joowon Kim, and Chelsea Zabel).
Some thoughts on careers in psychology and public policy
Some thoughts on decision science and national security
SPSP Experts video series. Watch experts delve into:
Resources for increasing the reproducibility and robustness of scientific experiments:
- Open Science Framework: preregistration forms
- Open Science Framework: preregistration examples
- Data Colada: How to Properly Preregister a Study
- Data Colada: Tips to Make Open Research More Findable and Understandable
Useful sites for research on judgment and decision making:
- The Society for Judgment and Decision Making
- SJDM journal, entirely free and online
- SJDM newsletter, current and archived copies
- SJDM blog, “It’s Your Choice”
- SJDM email list, for members and non-members of the society
Useful site for research on human emotion:
Dr. June Gruber, University of Colorado, Boulder
A video channel exploring the evolutionary origins of distinct emotions, their effects on cognitive processes, and the applications of emotion and cognition research to mental illness and well-being.
Ask a Behavioral Scientist:
Have a burning behavioral science question on your mind? Submit it here.
Coverage of social/personality psychology:
Society for Personality and Social Psychology blog.
Dr. Lerner is affiliated with the following organizations within Harvard:
- Behavioral Insights Group (BIG)
- Harvard Decision Science Laboratory (HDSL)
- Harvard Digital Lab for the Social Sciences (HDLSS)
- Harvard Institute for Quantitative Social Science (IQSS)
- Mind Brain Behavior Interfaculty Initiative (MBB)
Dr. Lerner is affiliated with the following organizations outside of Harvard:
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- American Psychological Society (APS; Elected Fellow)
- Association for Consumer Research (ACR)
- Behavioral Science and Policy Association (BSPA)
- International Society for Research on Emotion (ISRE)
- Society for Affective Science (SAS)
- Society for Experimental Social Psychology (SESP; Elected Fellow)
- Society for Judgment and Decision Making (SJDM)
- Society for Personality and Social Psychology (SPSP)