Dorison, C.A., Wang, K., Rees, V.W., Kawachi, I., Ericson, K.M.M., & Lerner, J.S. (2019). Sadness, but not all negative emotions, heightens addictive substance use. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Supplemental Materials.
12-item version of the Fear Survey Schedule-II are items 37-48 in this document. Used in Lerner, J.S., & Keltner, D. (2001). Fear, anger, and risk. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 81(1), 146-159.
The Lerner and Keltner Trait Anger Scale as found in Lerner, J. S., & Keltner, D. (2000). Beyond valence: Toward a model of emotion-specific influences on judgment and choice. Cognition and Emotion, 14, 473-493.
Some thoughts on careers in psychology and public policy
Some thoughts on decision science and national security
SPSP Experts video series. Watch experts delve into:
Resources for increasing the reproducibility and robustness of scientific experiments:
- Open Science Framework: preregistration forms
- Open Science Framework: preregistration examples
- Data Colada: How to Properly Preregister a Study
- Data Colada: Tips to Make Open Research More Findable and Understandable
Useful sites for research on judgment and decision making:
- The Society for Judgment and Decision Making
- SJDM journal, entirely free and online
- SJDM newsletter, current and archived copies
- SJDM email list, for members and non-members of the society
Ask a Behavioral Scientist:
Have a burning behavioral science question on your mind? Submit it here.
Coverage of social/personality psychology:
Society for Personality and Social Psychology blog.
Here are organizations for people interested in Behavioral Science/Decision Science:
Within Harvard University:
- Behavioral Insights Group (BIG)
- Harvard Digital Lab for the Social Sciences (HDLSS)
- Harvard Institute for Quantitative Social Science (IQSS)
- Mind Brain Behavior Interfaculty Initiative (MBB)
Outside of Harvard University:
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Association for Psychological Science (APS)
- Association for Consumer Research (ACR)
- Behavioral Science and Policy Association (BSPA)
- International Society for Research on Emotion (ISRE)
- Society for Affective Science (SAS)
- Society of Experimental Social Psychology (SESP)
- Society for Judgment and Decision Making (SJDM)
- Society for Personality and Social Psychology (SPSP)